Terms and Conditions
Reproduction of Materials and Logos, Copyright, Service Access, Disclaimer, General
1. Use of FSCS Logo or Names
"FSCS - Financial Services Compensation Scheme"
1.1 The use of the Financial Services Compensation Scheme Limited's ("FSCS") logo and/or our initials word mark "FSCS" and/or our combined word mark "FSCS - Financial Services Compensation Scheme" on any document or in association with any information signifies that the document or information has been prepared or approved by the FSCS or products promoted in that publication are covered by the FSCS.
1.2 The logo and/or initials word mark and/or combined word mark is used only on materials generated by the FSCS.
1.3 Use of any of the FSCS logo and/or initials and/or combined word mark as they appear above without the FSCS's consent by anyone (other than firms that are authorised by the Financial Services Authority to conduct registered business in the United Kingdom (“Authorised Firm(s)”)) infringes the trademark registration held in respect of the logo and word mark and combined word mark. Authorised Firms are expressly permitted by the FSCS to use and/or reproduce the FSCS logo and/or initials word mark and/or combined word mark for the promotion of products or services covered by the FSCS subject to the terms and conditions on this website.
If you are not an Authorised Firm, you must obtain the FSCS’s prior written permission for the use of the logo and/or initials word mark and/or combined word mark and/or reproduction of the logo and/or initials word mark and/or combined word mark.
All rights in the FSCS logo and/or initials and/or combined word mark in all parts of the world are vested in the FSCS.
Any person (including an Authorised Firm) permitted to use the logo and/or initials word mark and/or combined word mark will not, nor directly or indirectly assist any other person to, do or fail to do any act or thing whereby:
- the validity, enforceability or the FSCS’s ownership of; or
- the reputation or goodwill associated with, the FSCS logo and/or initials word mark and/or combined word mark
is likely to be prejudiced.
2. Reproduction of Materials
2.1 Subject to the conditions set out below, the FSCS has no objection to organisations reproducing in their own publications, or on their internal computer networks, materials published by the FSCS on our external website and issued in electronic form or otherwise by the FSCS.
2.2 The conditions are as follows:
- 2.2.1 an acknowledgement of the source of the material so reproduced should be made.
- 2.2.2 the material should be clearly identified as belonging to the FSCS and separated from any comment made on it by the organisation or others.
- 2.2.3 the organisation should ensure that it is using the latest available version of the material.
- 2.2.4 regard should be had to any qualifying statements attached to the published material by the FSCS, for example concerning its status (e.g. "discussion papers" or "preliminary view" etc.) or the audience to which it is directed. If the material is reproduced in full, or very substantial extracts are made, any qualifying statements should be included.
- 2.2.5 readers must not be given the impression that the FSCS is responsible for, or has in any way approved, the publication in which this material is reproduced.
- 2.2.6 no fee may be charged by the organisation for the reproduction and/or distribution of the FSCS's material.
- 2.2.7 the organisation shall not alter or amend material published by the FSCS.
2.3 Copyright in all materials produced by the FSCS remains with the FSCS. See the specific section below dealing with Copyright for more information on this area.
3.1 The FSCS owns the copyright and any other rights in all material on this site other than any Parliamentary material, third party stock images (such as photographs) and other material as indicated.
3.2 You may print and download extracts from this site on the conditions specified in this section headed "Terms and Conditions" and which include the following conditions:
- 3.2.1 the documents and related graphics on this site are for personal use or for use within an individual firm or organisation; any copies of these pages that you save to disk or to any other storage medium may (subject to the exception referred to at 3.2.4 below) only be used for subsequent personal viewing purposes of for viewing within the firm or organisation by which they were saved or stored;
- 3.2.2 any extracts which are printed may only be used for personal viewing - or for viewing within the firm or organisation by which they were printed (subject only to the exception referred to at 3.2.4 below);
- 3.2.3 neither pages saved to disk or stored in any way, nor extracts printed, may (subject to the exception referred to at 3.2.4 below) be distributed to third parties or sold or otherwise circulated for profit;
- 3.2.4 the only permitted exception to the general rules stated in clauses
- 3.2.1 to 3.2.3 above is where extracts (of no more than a few relevant provisions) are copied to individual third parties incidental to advice or other activities;
- 3.2.5 no documents or related graphics on this site are to be modified in any way;
- 3.2.6 graphics on this site are not to be used separately from the accompanying text; and
- 3.2.7 the source of our material must be acknowledged in all copies, either by appropriate words or by adding the FSCS's full name (i.e. The Financial Services Compensation Scheme Limited).
- 3.2.8 the date that we last updated the information (if indicated on the website) must be stated clearly on all copies, with the website address (www.fscs.org.uk).
- 3.2.9 the publication must not imply FSCS endorsement of any company or product or of any conclusions drawn from the data.
3.3 You must not reproduce or store any part of this site in any other website or include it in any public or private electronic retrieval system or service, without the FSCS's prior written permission.
3.4 Any rights not expressly granted in these terms are reserved.
4. Service Access
4.1 While the FSCS tries to ensure that this site is normally available 24 hours a day, we will not be liable if, for any reason, the site is unavailable for any period of time.
4.2 Access to this site may be suspended temporarily or permanently and without notice.
5.1 The FSCS tries to ensure that the information on this site is correct, but we do not give any express or implied warranty as to its accuracy. We do not accept any liability of any kind for error, omission and/or inaccuracy. If you have any reason to think that, or ought to know that, the information is or may not be accurate or up to date; you should verify the information yourself.
5.2 The definitive version of an FSCS publication is the original printed one. The definitive version of our Compensation Rules text at any particular time is that which is published as part of the FSA Handbook of rules and guidance, under Redress, Compensation.
5.3 The FSCS is not liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of business or loss of profits) arising in contract, tort or otherwise from the use of or inability to use this site, or any material contained in it, or from any action or decision taken as a result of using this site or any such material.
5.4 Part of this site contains material sent to us by third parties. These third parties are responsible for ensuring that the material they submit to us complies with national and relevant foreign law. We are not responsible for any error, omission and/or inaccuracy in the material. The FSCS reserves the right to omit, suspend and/or edit any material submitted.
5.5 The materials on this site do not constitute financial, legal or other professional advice. You should consult your professional adviser if you require any advice or before you rely on the materials.
5.6 This website offers links to other sites - they enable you to leave the FSCS website. We do not control the linked sites and we are not responsible for the contents of any linked site or any link in a linked site, or any changes or updates to such sites. We are not responsible for webcasting or any other form of transmission received from any linked site. We provide these links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply our endorsement of the site.
6.1 By accessing any part of this site, you will be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions in full.
6.2 These terms are governed by and interpreted in accordance with English Law.