Split Capital Investment Trusts

29th December 2004

FSCS is not involved in the fund announced on 24 December 2004 by the Financial Services Authority (FSA) for investors in split capital investment trusts.

Consumers with enquiries about the fund should call the fund administrators, FDL, on 0845 606 6389.

If you are not eligible to make a claim to the fund, you should contact the firm that sold you your investment, or take independent advice.

FSCS is the UK's fund of last resort for customers of financial services firms. FSCS may be able to help if an authorised firm is unable to pay claims made against it.

Further information about FSCS

Jargon Buster

  • Authorised firm

    a company, unincorporated body, partnership or individual permitted to carry out a regulated activity by the FCA or the PRA. This term includes a mutual (unincorporated) organisation, for example a friendly society.
  • Eligible

    qualifying for compensation under Scheme rules.
  • FSA

    Financial Services Authority, was previously the UK's regulator for the finance industry. It was replaced by the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) and the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) on 1 April 2013.
  • Investment

    a financial product in which money can be invested to earn interest or profit (although the value of investments can go down as well as up).