Exeter Fund Managers Limited FAQs

21st April 2005

This is the current position

Exeter Fund Managers Ltd is in administration. Dan Schwarzmann and Mark Batten of PricewaterhouseCoopers have been appointed as administrators to manage its affairs. Claims against Exeter Fund Managers are currently being dealt with by the administrators of the firm.

The administrators of EFM have been gathering information from investors about the likely volumes, nature and value of potential claims against this firm. Exeter Fund Managers is not currently in default, although we do expect that FSCS will become involved in considering claims against this firm. We are working closely with the administrators to try to ensure that the claim process agreed is in the best interests of investors and avoids duplication.

If you believe you have a claim against this firm, you should register your claim with the administrators. If you need any help or have any queries about claims against this firm, please contact the administrators on: 020 7804 8203 or look at their website.

The role of FSCS

The Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) is the UK's statutory fund of last resort for customers of authorised financial services firms and can help consumers if a firm is unable to pay claims against it. FSCS was set up under the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 (FSMA) and protects deposits, insurance, investments and mortgage business.

FSCS is only able to consider claims against an authorised firm that it has declared 'in default'. An authorised firm may be declared in default if it is unable (or likely to be unable) to pay claims made against it, and there are claims which are eligible for compensation from FSCS. Firms are authorised to trade in the financial services sector by the Financial Services Authority (FSA), the UK's independent watchdog set up to regulate the financial services industry and protect consumers. More information about FSCS

We will update our website as soon as we have any further news.

  • If you were sold your investment by another authorised firm, and have any questions or wish to make a complaint or claim, you should contact the firm direct. Their contact details should be on materials they will have sent you. If you are having trouble finding contact details for the firm you dealt with, please contact the Financial Services Authority's Helpline on 0845 606 1234. 

Frequently Asked Questions

Jargon Buster

  • Authorised firm

    a company, unincorporated body, partnership or individual permitted to carry out a regulated activity by the FCA or the PRA. This term includes a mutual (unincorporated) organisation, for example a friendly society.
  • Deposits

    money placed in a bank or similar institution to earn interest or for safe-keeping.
  • Eligible

    qualifying for compensation under Scheme rules.
  • FSA

    Financial Services Authority, was previously the UK's regulator for the finance industry. It was replaced by the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) and the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) on 1 April 2013.
  • FSMA

    Financial Services and Markets Act 2000, an Act of Parliament governing the regulation and provision of financial products, product providers and financial advisers.