Failure of nine firms
Consumers could get back money they have lost as a result of their dealings with any of nine failed financial firms FSCS declared in default during July 2018.
Customers could be in line for compensation after FSCS declares nine firms in default
Customers could get back money they have lost as a result of their dealings with any of the nine failed financial firms (listed below) the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) declared in default during July 2018.
FSCS is the UK’s statutory compensation scheme that protects customers of regulated financial services firms. A declaration of default means FSCS is satisfied a firm is unable to pay claims for compensation made against it. This paves the way for customers of that firm to make a claim for compensation.
Alex Kuczynski, Chief Corporate Affairs Officer at FSCS, said: “FSCS steps in to protect consumers around the UK when authorised financial services firms go bust. This vital service, which is free to consumers, protects your deposits, investments, home finance and insurance. We want anyone who believes they may be owed money as a result of their dealings with any of these firms to get in touch as we may be able to help you.”
Since it began in 2001, FSCS has helped more than 4.5m people, paying out more than £26bn in compensation.
If you wish to make a claim with FSCS against any of these firms, you may be able to do so using FSCS’s online claims service. Or you can contact the Scheme’s Customer Services Team on freephone 0800 678 1100 or 020 7741 4100, or by email at email@example.com.
Declarations by FSCS from 1st to 31st July 2018
- Ignition Select Limited, c/o Begbies Traynor London LLP, 31st Floor, 40 Bank Street, Canary Wharf, London, E14 5NR
- Talk Financial Solutions Limited, Gable House, 239 Regents Park Road, London, N3 1LF
- The Mortgage Consultants Limited, 405A Footscray Road, London, SE9 3UL
- Accuro Finance Limited, 1-3 Tonbridge Road, Barming, Maidstone, Kent, ME16 9HB
- Vans R Us (Southern) Limited T/A Complete Commercial, 121 Redbridge Road, Southampton, Hants., SO15 0ND
- Ashfield Financial Planning (UK) Limited, c/o Butcher Woods, St. Pauls Terrace, 79 Caroline Street, Birmingham, West Midlands, B3 1UP
- Box Insurance Services and Newton General Insurance Services, 16 Preston Old Road, Freckleton, Preston, Lancs., PR4 1PD
- Care Asset Management Limited, 6th Floor, Orbit House, Albert Street, Eccles, Manchester, Lancs., M30 0BL
- R W Harris Limited t/a Roger Harris and Company/Greystone Wealth Management, Foundation House, Scott Drive, Altrincham, Cheshire, WA15 8AB