FSCS protects customers of financial services firms that have failed. If the company you’ve been dealing with has gone bust and can’t pay claims against it, we can step in to pay compensation.
It's completely free to claim compensation direct with us. We make it as quick and easy as possible to make a claim with our online claims service. We know it can be a very stressful time, so our customer support team is here to help you every step of the way.
Key facts about FSCS
- We were set up in 2001 under the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000.
- We’re independent of the government and financial services industry.
- We can pay compensation thanks to levies that authorised financial services firms pay.
- In 2022/23 we paid out £403m in compensation to 67,908 customers of failed firms.
- Where possible and cost-effective, we make recoveries from failed firms to help offset the levies financial services firms pay. Since the 2015/16 financial year, we’ve recovered more than £310m.