FSCS declares failure of six firms
Consumers could be in line for compensation after FSCS declares six firms in default
Consumers could get back money they have lost as a result of their dealings with any of the six failed financial firms (listed below) the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) declared in default during August 2018.
FSCS is the UK’s statutory compensation scheme that protects customers of regulated financial services firms. A declaration of default means FSCS is satisfied a firm is unable to pay claims for compensation made against it. This paves the way for customers of that firm to make a claim for compensation.
Alex Kuczynski, Chief Corporate Affairs Officer at FSCS, said: “FSCS steps in to protect consumers around the UK when authorised financial services firms go bust. This vital service, which is free to consumers, protects your deposits, investments, home finance and insurance. We want anyone who believes they may be owed money as a result of their dealings with any of these firms to get in touch as we may be able to help you.”
Since it began in 2001, FSCS has helped more than 4.5m people, paying out more than £26bn in compensation.
If you wish to make a claim with FSCS against any of these firms, you may be able to do so using FSCS’s online claims service. Or you can contact the Scheme’s Customer Services Team on 0800 678 1100 or 020 7741 4100, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
T: 020 7375 8638
Declarations by FSCS
From 1st to 31st August 2018
- Cain Lambert Limited formerly known PAR Capital Mortgages Limited, 44 St. Edmunds Road, London, N9 7PT
- MML Administration Limited, 9 Portland Square, Bristol, BS2 8ST
- Chadkirk Wealth Management Limited, Unit 8, Dalewood Road, Lymedale Business Park, Newcastle, Staffordshire, ST5 9QH
- Clearcredit Limited t/a Clearcredit, Media House, Mann Island, Liverpool, L3 1DQ
- The Man for Mortgages Limited, 8 Bright Street, Ilkeston, Derbyshire, DE7 8NH
- Abbot Insurance Brokers t/a Abbot Insurance, Tachbrook House, 162 Fosse Road North, Leicester, Leicestershire, LE3 5ES