FSCS declared 12 firms in default in April 2020
Regular notice that consumers could be in line for compensation
The Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) declared 12 failed regulated firms in default during April 2020. FSCS announces these declarations regularly, to let consumers know they could get back money they have lost as a result of their dealings with any of those firms (listed below).
FSCS is the UK's statutory compensation scheme that protects customers of authorised financial services firms that carry out certain regulated activities. A declaration of default means FSCS is satisfied a firm is unable to pay claims for compensation made against it. This paves the way for customers of that firm to make a claim for compensation with FSCS. Since it began in 2001, FSCS has helped more than 4.5m people, paying out more than £26bn in compensation.
James Darbyshire, Interim Chief Counsel, said: "FSCS has been getting customers back on track for almost 20 years since being set up by Parliament in 2001. Our statutory aims of protecting consumers and contributing to financial stability are particularly important during stressful times, such as in the current COVID-19 pandemic and the 2008 financial crisis. We apply our rules in a consistent and impartial manner, and deliver our service with empathetic efficiency."
Visit https://claims.fscs.org.uk/ if you wish to make a claim with FSCS against any of these firms. You can also contact our Customer Services Team on 0800 678 1100 or 020 7741 4100, or by email at email@example.com For the latest FSCS news and information visit www.fscs.org.uk or follow @FSCS on Twitter.
Declarations by FSCS between 1st and 30th April 2020
- Opal Mortgage Life & Pensions Ltd 121 Burnt Road, Lee, London, SE12 8RA
- Greyfriars Asset Management LLP 25 Moorgate, London, EC2R 6AY
- Saxon Capital Ltd 60 Cannon Street, London, EC4N 6NP
- City One Securities Ltd, formerly Europacific Corporate Finance Ltd, Holmes & Company Ltd c/o William Antony Batty & Hugh Francis Jesseman, Antony Batty & Company LLP, 3 Field Court, London, WC1R5EF
- Whitestone Cars Ltd Bishop Fleming, 16 Queen Square, Bristol, BS1 4NT
- The Atherstone Garage & Electrical Company Ltd Granville Hall, Granville Road, Leicester, LE1 7RU
- Berkeley Burke SIPP Administration Ltd Berkeley Burke House, 2 Regent Street, Leicester, Leicestershire, LE1 7BR
- Fusion Wealth Management Ltd 8 Eaton Road, Coventry, West Midlands, CV1 2FF
- The Carlton Garage (Preston) Ltd, trading as Ainsdale Finance and Leasing 642 Liverpool Road, Southport, Merseyside, PR8 3BH
- Weaver Finance CI Ltd 18 High Street, Northwich, Cheshire, CW8 3HB
- Slaters of Abergele Ltd The Showroom Premises, Market Street, Abergele, Clwyd, LL22 7AL
- Clydegrove Financial Consultants Ltd 910 Tollcross Road, Glasgow, Lanarkshire, G32 8PE
Anthony Ozimic t: 020 7375 8638 / m: 07939 177683
Suzette Browne t: 020 7375 8633
James Tweed t: 020 7375 8646
Catherine Goodier t: 020 7375 8631
Notes for editors
Read more about the remit of FSCS on our Notes for editors page.