FSCS declared 13 firms in default in November and December 2020
Regular notice that consumers could be in line for compensation
People who have dealt with any of the 13 firms listed below, and believe they are owed money as a result, can now make a claim to the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS).
This vital service, which is free to consumers, protects money held in bank, building society and credit union accounts. It also protects insurance, investments, mortgage advice and arranging, and debt management.
Caroline Rainbird, FSCS’s Chief Executive, said: “Because these firms are unable to pay back the money they owe their customers, FSCS can step in and pay them compensation. As Chief Executive, I see first-hand the important role FSCS plays to help people who have lost money through their dealings with financial services firms that have failed or are no longer trading.
"The impact of their financial loss should not be underestimated. People who claim through FSCS are often vulnerable. We treat each person with empathy and understanding as their claim is progressed.”
Since it began in 2001, FSCS has helped more than 4.5m people.
Visit our claims site at https://claims.fscs.org.uk/ if you wish to make a claim with FSCS against any of these firms. You can also contact our Customer Services Team on 0800 678 1100 or 020 7741 4100, or by email at email@example.com.
Declarations by FSCS from 1 November to 31 December 2020:
November 2020 – nine firms
- Barnbeck Limited t/a Brecks Saab, FRN: 312552, Great North Way, Nether Poppleton, York, North Yorkshire YO26 6RB
- Dexia PAM Limited formerly Pembroke Asset Management Ltd t/a Day Hartley & Pembroke Limited, FRN: 116383, Shackleton House, 4 Battle Bridge Lane, London SE1 2GZ
- Direct Market Touch Limited, FRN: 490521, c/o 9 New Street, London EC2M 4TP
- Drew (UK) Financial Services, FRN: 180995, 28 Middleton Avenue, Sidcup, Kent DA14 4JW
- Fiducia Wealth Solutions Limited formerly Regen Investments Limited, FRN: 646975, 45 Hornbeam Avenue, Bexhill-on-Sea, East Sussex TN39 5JQ
- J L Fisher Financial Services Limited, FRN: 116035, 60 King’s Walk, Gloucester, Gloucestershire GL1 1LA
- Mentor Financial Limited, FRN: 179105, 6 High Street, Datchet, Slough, Berkshire SL3 9EA
- Stephen Davies (Haverfordwest) Limited t/a Imperial Garages, Imperial Leisure, Imperial Marine, FRN: 313079, Imperial Garages, Portfield, Haverfordwest SA61 1DY
- Wingray Autos Limited, FRN: 312447, Woolton Garage, Menlove Avenue, Liverpool, Merseyside L25 7SB
December 2020 – four firms
- Horbury Bridge Garages Limited, FRN: 315045, 223 Bridge Road, Horbury, Wakefield, West Yorkshire WF4 5QA
- Optimus Wealth Management Limited formerly Howard & Co (Mortgages) Limited, Panayi Limited, FRN: 432564, Office 101, 1st Floor, 200 Aldersgate, London EC1A 4HD
- Ober Private Clients Limited, FRN: 706215, We Work Building, One St Peter’s Square, St Peter’s Square, Manchester M2 3DE
- Walker Woodhead Financial Planning Limited t/a Walker Financial Planning Limited, FRN: 401158, 70 Market Street, Tottington, Bury, Lancashire BL8 3LJ
James Tweed t: 020 7375 8646
Notes for editors
Read more about the remit of FSCS on our Notes for editors page.