FSCS declared nine firms in default in June and July 2021
Regular notice that consumers could be in line for compensation
People who have dealt with any of the nine financial services firms listed below, and believe they are owed money as a result, can now make a claim to the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS).
This vital service, which is free to consumers, protects money held in bank, building society and credit union accounts. It also protects pensions, insurance, investments, mortgage advice and arranging, and debt management.
James Darbyshire, Chief Counsel at FSCS, said:
“FSCS was set up by Parliament in 2001 and we are here to contribute to financial stability in the UK. For the past 20 years, we have been getting customers of failed authorised financial services firms back on track.
“We are reaching out to let people know that compensation may be available if they have suffered losses due to the failure of a financial services firm. We are a free and independent service and customers can claim directly from us.”
By claiming directly through FSCS, customers pay no fees and get 100 per cent of the compensation that they are owed.
Visit https://claims.fscs.org.uk/ to make a claim with FSCS against any of the nine firms listed below.
People can also contact FSCS’s Customer Services Team on 0800 678 1100 or 020 7741 4100, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Declarations by FSCS from 1 June to 31 July 2021 (nine firms):
- Capital Asset Management Ltd, formerly HSJ Asset Management Limited (FRN 503091), Goldfields House, 18A Gold Tops, Newport, South Wales NP20 4PH.
- Gateway Home Loans Ltd (FRN 475301), 101 Alfreton Road, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire NG7 3JL.
- Independent Financial Matters Ltd, t/a (trading as) Unite Financial Services (FRN 565401), 1 Radian Court, Knowlhill, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire MK5 8PJ.
- Karl Jones, t/a Total Financial Solutions (FRN 565890), Unit 4, The Beacon, Dafen, Llanelli, Carmarthenshire SA14 8LQ.
- Paradigm Financial Partners LLP (FRN 516430), 62 Drayton Road, Bletchley, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire MK2 3EW.
- Paxtons Insurances (FRN 140179), 25 The Calls, Leeds, West Yorkshire LS2 7EX
- Premiumwatch Financial Services Ltd, t/a PFS (FRN 470680), 27 Meadow Avenue, Goostrey, Crewe, Cheshire CW4 8LS.
- TFP (Life & Pensions) Ltd, t/a Medical & Professional (FRN 229766), Bridgefoot House, 159 High Street, Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire PE29 3TF.
- Westminster Financial Planning Ltd, formerly known as Westminster I.F.A. Ltd (FRN 191247), 15 Canada Square, London E14 5GL.
James Tweed, tel. 020 7375 8646
Notes for editors
For more information about the role of FSCS see our Notes for editors page.