We need to handle personal information about you so that we can provide services for you. We will always act in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) and other laws.
When we ask you for personal information, we will:
- make sure you know why we need it;
- only ask for what we need, and not to collect irrelevant information;
- protect your information and make sure nobody has access to it who shouldn’t;
- only share it with other organisations when the law allows;
- make sure we don’t keep it longer than necessary; and
- not make your personal information available for commercial use.
In return, we ask you to:
- provide accurate information; and
- tell us as soon as possible if there are any changes, such as a new address.
This helps us to keep your information reliable and up to date.
You can get more details on:
- how to find out what information we hold about you and how to ask us to correct any mistakes;
- what agreements we have with other organisations for sharing information;
- circumstances where we can pass on your personal information without telling you, for example, to prevent and detect crime or to produce anonymised statistics; and
- how to make a complaint.
For more information, please contact:
FSCS’s Data Privacy Officer - InformationRequest@fscs.org.uk
For independent advice about data protection, privacy and data-sharing issues, you can contact the Information Commissioner at: Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF.
Telephone: 08456 30 60 60 or 01625 54 57 45. Fax: 01625 524510. Website: ico.org.uk