We need to handle personal information about you so that we can provide services for you. We will always comply with obligations under applicable data protection requirements and laws.
When we ask you for personal information, we will:
- make sure you know why we need it;
- only ask for what we need, and not to collect irrelevant information;
- protect your information and make sure nobody has access to it who shouldn’t;
- only share it with other organisations when the law allows;
- make sure we don’t keep it longer than necessary; and
- not make your personal information available for commercial use.
In return, we ask you to:
- provide accurate information; and
- tell us as soon as possible if there are any changes, such as a new address.
This helps us to keep your information reliable and up to date.
You can get more details on:
- how to find out what information we hold about you and how to ask us to correct any mistakes;
- what agreements we have with other organisations for sharing information;
- circumstances where we can pass on your personal information without telling you, for example, to prevent and detect crime or to produce anonymised statistics; and
- how to make a complaint.
For more information, please contact:
FSCS’s Data Privacy Officer - DataProtection@fscs.org.uk
For independent advice about data protection, privacy and data-sharing issues, you can contact the Information Commissioner at: Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF.
Telephone: 08456 30 60 60 or 01625 54 57 45. Fax: 01625 524510. Website: ico.org.uk