What is FSCS?
We protect customers of financial firms that have failed. If the company you’ve been dealing with has failed and can’t pay claims against it, we can step in to pay compensation.
We make it as quick and easy as possible to make a compensation claim with our online claims service. We know it can be a very stressful time, so our customer support team is here to help you every step of the way.
Key facts about FSCS
- Since 2011 we’ve paid over £60 million to people who have claimed with us.
- We’ve recovered £20 billion from the 2008 bank failures and repaid all £20.5 billion borrowed from HM Treasury that year.
- We’ve returned £375 million from other recoveries to the industry in the last five years.
- We were set up in 2001 under the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000.
- We are independent of the government and financial services industry.
- We can pay compensation thanks to taxes that authorised financial services firms pay.