The Financial Ombudsman Service: handles complaints against authorised firms that are still trading. Established by parliament to create a single Ombudsman for the financial services industry.
Consumer help and advice
- FCA Consumer Information
- National Debt Line
- The Office of Fair Trading
- Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy
- The Money Advice Service (MA)
- Money Advice, Scotland (MAS)
- Consumer Futures
Trade Associations and professional organisations
- The Association of British Insurers
- The Association of British Credit Unions
- UK Finance
- Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
- Personal Investment Management and Finance Advice Association (PIMFA)
- The Association of Private Client Investment Managers and Stockbrokers
- British Insurance Brokers Association (BIBA)
- The Building Societies Association
- Institute and Faculty of Actuaries
- Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW)
- Chartered Accountants Ireland
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland
- The Investment Association
- The Law Society (England & Wales)
- The Law Society of Scotland
- The Law Society of Northern Ireland
- Pensions and Lifetime Savings Association
- Scottish League of Credit Unions (SCLU)
- Solicitors for Independent Financial Advice Limited (SIFA)
- The Personal Finance Society (PFS)
- Tax Incentivised Savings Association (TISA)
Other UK websites relevant to the FSCS include:
Government and regulation
- The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA)
- The Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA)
- The Bank of England: The UK's central bank
- HM Treasury: the government department responsible for financial services regulation.
- The Office of Fair Trading
- Department of Trade and Industry
Similar schemes to FSCS exist in other countries. The list below incorporates website and other contact details for schemes and other relevant bodies of which the FSCS is aware.
The International Directory of Deposit Insurers is available online.
Canadian Investor Protection Fund, 200 Bay Street, Suite 2400 South Tower, PO Box 192, Toronto M5J 2J4, Canada www.cipf.ca
Guarantee Fund for Depositors and Investors, Niels Juels Gade 7, PO Box 2982, DK-10113 Copenhagen K, Denmark. Tel: +45 33 14 62 45, Fax: +45 33 14 9437, E-mail: email@example.com www.indskydergarantifonden.dk
Athens Stock Exchange Members Guarantee Fund, 14-16 Fidiou Street, 10678 Athens, Greece.
Investors Compensation Company Ltd, c/o Central Bank of Ireland, PO Box 559, Dame Street, Dublin 2, Republic of Ireland.
United States of America
Securities Investor Protection Corporation, 805 Fifteenth Street, NW Suite 800, Washington DC 20005-2207, USA. Tel: +1 202 371 8300, Fax: +1 202 371 6728. www.sipc.org
Association of British Insurers
Association of Chartered Certified Accountants
Association of Private Client Investment Managers and Stockbrokers
money placed in a bank or similar institution to earn interest or for safe-keeping.
European Forum of Deposit Insurers