General insurance and shares claims
- If a customer was retired at the time advice was given, please provide their pre-retirement occupation within the application form/basis of claim/customer statement.
- If a customer was a managing director/director/director of operations at the time advice was given, please provide more details on the nature of work undertaken (e.g. what industry this related to) within the application form/basis of claim/customer statement.
- Previous addresses – because of the Data Protection Act we would have to data gather previous addresses, then data gather for any account-related information. Please provide us with all addresses during the time of dealings within the application form/basis of claim/customer statement/letter of authority.
- Provide any financial planning reports or ‘reason why’ letters produced by the advising firm at the time of advice.
- If an investment has changed name etc, (e.g. restructured), provide details of the original and new investment e.g. investment portfolio statements/letters from the investment provider etc.