I want to make a new claim

The quickest and easiest way is through our Online Claims Service.

Making a claim

First you will check whether you can make a claim with us and then if you’re eligible, you can submit your claim online. We accept claims for any of the following: mortgage advice, mortgage endowments, pensions, PPI, life insurance, general insurance and investments. If you hold a deposit with an authorised bank, credit union or building society that’s gone out of business, you don’t need to make a claim - we’ll automatically compensate you up to our £85,000 limit.

Using our Online Claims Service is the quickest and easiest way to submit your claim and supporting documents. But if you can’t access our online service, you can get in touch by phone or write to us for an application.

Our Freephone number is: 0800 678 1100 or 020 7741 4100. Please have any relevant correspondence to hand.

Lines are open Monday to Friday 08.30 to 17.30 excluding public holidays.

Calls may be monitored or recorded for training purposes.

You can write to FSCS at this address:

Financial Services Compensation Scheme
PO Box 300
GL17 1DY

We aim to respond within 10 working days so you may prefer to use the online enquiry form.

RSS logo RSS Feed

To keep up to date with the latest news from FSCS, subscribe to our RSS Feed

About the FSCS

Click here to find out more about the FSCS, its role, its operations and its personnel.

Related Websites

Find links to related organisations and companies who might be of help or able to provide you with useful information.

Jargon Buster

  • Credit union

    a financial co-operative which is owned and controlled by its members.
  • Eligible

    qualifying for compensation under Scheme rules.