Claims management companies
It’s completely free to make a claim for compensation with FSCS if you claim with us directly.
You can use a claims management company to make a claim on your behalf but they will charge you a fee. FSCS is unable to pay these fees for you.
What is a claims management company?
A claims management company is a kind of representative firm that will handle your compensation claim for you. These companies charge a fee for their services. Other examples of representative firms are solicitors and independent financial advisers.
What to consider when using a claims management company
You don't have to use a claims management company to make a claim to FSCS as you can claim with us directly, for free.
If you do use a claims management company, remember to check the following first:
- The costs and benefits of using the company.
- The terms and conditions, including fees, before you sign any contract.
- If the Financial Conduct Authority or a professional body (e.g., the Law Society) regulates the company so it must, therefore, meet certain standards.
How to make a free online claim with FSCS
Follow these simple steps to make your free claim with FSCS:
- Check if you can claim - enter some basic details and we'll tell you straight away if you’re eligible to claim.
- Create your online account - now you'll be able to submit your claim and check on its progress.
- Complete your application - you'll answer questions about why you're claiming, upload your supporting documents and sign your claim electronically before submitting it.
It should take you around 90 minutes to complete your application online. You can save your progress and return to your claim at any point.