FSCS declares six firms in default in July
Consumers could get back money they've lost as a result of their dealings with any of the six failed regulated firms (listed below) the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) declared in default in July 2019.
FSCS is the UK's statutory compensation scheme that protects customers of authorised financial services firms that carry out certain regulated activities. A declaration of default means FSCS is satisfied a firm is unable to pay claims for compensation made against it. This paves the way for customers of that firm to make a claim for compensation with FSCS.
Alex Kuczynski, Chief Corporate Affairs Officer at FSCS, said: “FSCS steps in to protect consumers around the UK when authorised financial services firms go bust. This vital service, which is free to consumers, protects deposits, insurance, investments, home finance and debt management. We want anyone who believes they may be owed money as a result of their dealings with any of these firms to get in touch as we may be able to help you.”
Since it began in 2001, FSCS has helped more than 4.5m people, paying out more than £26bn in compensation.
If you wish to make a claim with FSCS against any of these firms, you may be able to do so using FSCS’s online claims service. Or you can contact the Scheme’s Customer Services Team on 0800 678 1100 or 020 7741 4100, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
T: 020 7375 8638
Declarations by FSCS in July 2019:
- Omega Financial Solutions Limited, Allen House, 1 Westmead Road, Sutton, Surrey, SM1 4LA
- Breterac Limited formerly Fenton Finance Limited, New Chartford House, Centurion Way Cleckheaton, Bradford, West Yorkshire, BD19 3QB
- Premier Mortgage Centre (UK) Limited, 69 Meneage Street, Helston, Cornwall, TR13 8RB
- Luddington Broze Limited, Higher Lands Farm, Seaton, Devon, EX12 3BL
- Leech & Burgess IFA LLP, 36 New Street, The Barbican, Plymouth, Devon, PL1 2NA
- Westbury Capital Partners Limited t/a The Insurance Business t/a Westcap, 5 Barnfield Crescent, Exeter, Devon, WX1 1QT