FSCS declares eight firms in default
Consumers could be in line for compensation after FSCS declares eight firms in default
Consumers could get back money they have lost as a result of their dealings with any of the eight failed regulated firms (listed below) the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) declared in default during January 2019.
FSCS is the UK’s statutory compensation scheme that protects customers of regulated financial services firms. A declaration of default means FSCS is satisfied a firm is unable to pay claims for compensation made against it. This paves the way for customers of that firm to make a claim for compensation.
Alex Kuczynski, Chief Corporate Affairs Officer at FSCS, said: “FSCS steps in to protect consumers around the UK when authorised financial services firms go bust. This vital service, which is free to consumers, protects your deposits, insurance, investments, home finance and debt management. We want anyone who believes they may be owed money as a result of their dealings with any of these firms to get in touch as we may be able to help you.”
Since it began in 2001, FSCS has helped more than 4.5m people, paying out more than £26bn in compensation.
If you wish to make a claim with FSCS against any of these firms, you may be able to do so using FSCS’s online claims service. Or you can contact FSCS' customer services team on 0800 678 1100 or 020 7741 4100, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Declarations by FSCS from 1 to 31 January 2019:
- J.R. Cars Limited (t/a Hounslow Discount Cars), 163-169 Hanworth Road, Hounslow, Middlesex, TW3 3TT
- Eastgate Motor Company Limited, Hartwell House, 55-61 Victoria Street, Bristol, Somerset, BS1 6AD
- Poole Car Centre Limited (formerly Blakedew 170 Limited), 65 St. Edmunds Church Street, Salisbury, Wiltshire, SP1 1EF
- Montpelier Group (Europe) Limited (formerly known as Martin Cadman Group Plc), Brisker Court, 1685/1689 High Street, Knowle, Solihull, West Midlands, B93 0LN
- JDV Limited (t/a Devries Honda), Mount Pleasant, Hull, North Humberside, HU9 1HA
- The Mortgage Matters Partnership, 8 Stockport Road, Altrincham, Cheshire, WA158ET
- Allan McRoberts, 8 Maclean Place, East Kilbride, Glasgow, Lanarkshire, G744TQ
- Balfour Group Limited, 3 Johns Place, Edinburgh, EH6 7EL