FSCS declares twenty-one firms in default
Consumers could be in line for compensation after FSCS declarations
Consumers could get back money they have lost as a result of their dealings with any of the 21 failed regulated firms (listed below) the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) declared in default from 1 February to 30 April 2019.
FSCS is the UK's statutory compensation scheme that protects customers of authorised financial services firms that carry out certain regulated activities. A declaration of default means FSCS is satisfied a firm is unable to pay claims for compensation made against it. This paves the way for customers of that firm to make a claim for compensation with FSCS.
Alex Kuczynski, Chief Corporate Affairs Officer at FSCS, said: “FSCS steps in to protect consumers around the UK when authorised financial services firms go bust. This vital service, which is free to consumers, protects your deposits, insurance, investments, home finance and debt management. We want anyone who believes they may be owed money as a result of their dealings with any of these firms to get in touch as we may be able to help you.”
Since it began in 2001, FSCS has helped more than 4.5m people, paying out more than £26bn in compensation.
If you wish to make a claim with FSCS against any of these firms, you may be able to do so using FSCS’s online service at https://claims.fscs.org.uk/. Or you can contact the Scheme’s Customer Services Team on 0800 678 1100 or 020 7741 4100, or by email at email@example.com
Declarations by FSCS from 1st February to 30th April 2019
- Thompson Motor Co Ltd t/a Browning Suzuki, Sherlock House, Baker Street, London W1U 6RD.
- Sequant Capital Limited Formerly Central Markets (London) Limited, America House, 2 America Square, London EC3N 2LU.
- Vantage Investment Group Limited, New Bridge Street House, 30-34 New Bridge Street, London EC4V 6BJ.
- John Henry Moore, The Barn, Kiln Lane, Hooe, Battle, East Sussex TN33 9HE.
- Choices Insurance Limited Formerly Choices Insurance Marketing Ltd, 1 Rectory Close, Tadley, Hampshire RG26 3PH.
- County Motor Works (Chelmsford) Limited, Jupiter House, Warley Hill Business Park, Brentwood, Essex, CM13 3BE.
- Direct Dial Loans Limited, 67B Western Road, Bexhill On Sea, Essex TN40 1DT.
- Cherwell Finance, Bloxham Mill, Barford Road, Banbury, Oxfordshire OX15 4FF.
- Susan Fleck Associates Limited, Spa House, 18 Upper Grosvenor Road, Tunbridge Wells, Kent TN1 2EP.
- British Insurance Limited Formerly known as Burgesses Limited, PO Box 6164, Braintree, Essex CM77 7ZW.
- Synergie Financial Planning Limited t/a Future Financial, c/o Purnells, Suite 4, Portfolio House, 3 Princes Street, Dorchester, Dorset.
- GD Tancred Limited, 104 Church Street, Peterborough, PE6 8AL.
- Millennium Motor Group Limited TA Nottingham Autopark, Trade 2000, Woodborough Road, Mapperley, Nottinghamshire NG3 5GG.
- Magna Wealth Management Limited, 11 Roman Way Business Centre, Berry Hill, Droitwich, Worcestershire WR9 9AJ.
- TBO Investments Ltd, 170 Edmund Street, Birmingham B3 2HB.
- Premier Financial Solutions (Harrogate) Limited, 11 Clifton Moor Business Village, Clifton Moor, York YO30 4XG.
- Kennett Investment, Life & Pensions Limited, 956 Anlaby High Road, Hull, Humberside, HU4 6AH.
- Pensionology UK Limited Formerly Broker-Support Limited, 1 Knutsford Business Park, Knutsford, Cheshire, WA16 8ZR.
- Abrams Ashton & Co (Financial Services) Limited, Layton House, 3 - 5 Westcliff Drive, Blackpool, Lancs RY3 7DJ.
- Ulverston Financial Services Limited, 12 New Market Street, Ulverston, Cumbria LA12 7LN.
- Greg Smith Financial & Insurance Services, The Bungalow, Highfield, Higher Red Lees Road, Gliviger, Burnley, Lancashire BB10 4RF.
Notes to editors
More information about FSCS can be found on the Notes for editors page.