General insurance and shares claims
- If a customer was retired at the time advice was given, please provide their pre-retirement occupation within the application form/basis of claim/customer statement.
- If a customer was a Managing Director/Director/Director of Operations at the time advice was given, please provide more details on the nature of work undertaken (e.g. what industry this related to) within the application form/basis of claim/customer Statement.
- Previous addresses – because of the Data Protection Act we would have to data gather previous addresses, then data gather for any account related information. Please provide us with all addresses during the time of dealings within the application form/basis of claim/customer statement/letter of authority.
- Provide any financial planning reports or ‘Reason Why’ letters produced by the advising firm at the time of advice.
- If an investment has changed name etc, (e.g. restructured), provide details of the original and new investment e.g. investment portfolio statements/letters from the investment provider etc.