Q&As about Insurance Intermediaries

What should I do if I have a claim against an insurance broker?

Why do I have to fill in an application form?

How long will it take to process my claim?

Can you compensate companies as well as people?

The FSCS says it cannot help me. Why not?


The Financial Conduct Authority website includes a searchable database of all firms authorised and regulated by the FCA and the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA).


The Financial Ombudsman Service is the official independent expert in settling complaints between consumers and financial businesses

Jargon Buster

  • FCA

    The Financial Conduct Authority is the UK's regulator for the financial services industry. 

  • FSA

    Financial Services Authority, was previously the UK's regulator for the finance industry. It was replaced by the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) and the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) on 1 April 2013.